Thursday, August 23, 2007

Meet 'Strangles'...



...hehehe...my Mum is gonna have a fit when she sees this. Meet Strangles (thanks to Lisa for the name!), my 'studio snake'. He's the carpet snake of the other day. Seems he's moved into the house now. I was cleaning the studio after the workshop and lo and behold, there he was. Not in a hurry to move off either. I let him alone for a while to see if he wanted to make his way outside but he was quite content to stay there so eventually I plucked up the courage to keep working while he hung out on the ceiling. He wasn't bothered by me at all and certainly didn't want to gobble me up. Now, let me say once again so my Mum doesn't freak...these carpet pythons are NOT harmful to humans...but he might catch a mouse or two!

4 comments:

Hultinks Happenings said...

Oh dear!!! What can I say...Only one bit of advice. You both must check your boots etc. before you put them on. Snakes in WA on the farms hide in boots etc. and if you ( not relising ) put a foot in it the snake may bite in self defence. Evem before you told me about your friends I have heard this story (real) a few times out in the country when we lived there.

lillybriar said...

Hello there Strangles!, oh isn't he a nice fright sight..he,he. As long as he stays THERE and dosen't come in from the rain....mmmmm like maybe around your bed post at 2 in the morning lookin' for a bit of warmth...LOL, oh what a bugger I am. Luv ya Mel, luv Lis

debsx said...

oh he does look like a cutie...must be the creative type sitting above there watching you work. Or maybe he's just a stalker! LOL
I'll bet you see quite a bit more of him in the summer when it gets hot...he'll come in for some shade i'm sure. Don't know about him roaming about the house though...that might feel just a wee bit toooooo creepy. lol

Cheers!
debsx

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he (or she?) isn't watching after some babies?? I think I would have a heart attack if I saw that in my house!