Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mt Chincogan and our friendly python



Did I tell you we had a lot of rain? Well, it's still raining...and with the rain come the creatures, seeking shelter. Here's our friend making his way to his usual hidey hole in the ceiling of our tool shed off the verandah.
And a spectacular shot of Mt Chincogan from the road leading into Mullumbimby. I love that drive back from Byron Bay into Mullum, something about those mountains that touch something inside me. A sense of peace. A coming home...

2 comments:

Kathi said...

oh lordy that is one BIG snake. I think I would bypass the tool shed if I saw it in there :D

I think I would love to see that view too. Pretty dang peaceful. no wonder you feel like you are "coming home"

btw...do you know y'all drive on the wrong side of the road?

Mel said...

awwww, whasamadda? Afraid of a little 9 foot snakey wakey? He actually minds his own business, not at all interested in people, he'll just slide right on by...
Wrong side? Ahhh, so THATS what it is! hehe...