Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nimbin Mardi Grass festival and Curt's birthday









Nimbin Mardi Grass festival always falls on the same weekend as Curt's birthday and since the Kombi club organized a campout for it, it was a dead cert that we'd go.
The above pic is the line up of VW kombis on the way there...
The next pic is driving through the crowd in Nimbin...
Then there's Curt laughing at the ATM line, since we were organized this time and didn't need to wait in line with them this year!
The one with Curt doing a headstand (see what Nimbin does to ya!) overlooks the view we woke up to every morning... on a beautiful property in Nimbin of some of the Kombi Club members.
Then there's me chillin' in the bus...
And the rest are pics of the festival parade..spot the gunja fairy!
Info about what the Nimbin Mardi Grass festival is all about is http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

What a fun event and what a darling pic of you!!!!!

Kathi said...

I knew it!! You two are nothing but hippies posing as artists :D Looks like y'all were having a blast!

Savannah_Penney said...

Hi! I hope that you had a cool B-Day!! Remember me? It is your cousin Savannah! I like your blog. It has cool pictures! I showed many of these pictures to my Social Studies class during the section about Australia. These pictures helpedus learn about Australian life. Thanks!! :)